Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hi-Roof Project : Beginning

After my last UBS, I always dream about owning another one. Since three of the previous is diesel, this time I want to try the gasoline engine. For information, Indonesia only had UBS16 that sold by GM official dealer. It means the engine is Isuzu 4ZD1 2.3L.
I've done my own research and foundout that the finest UBS16 in Indonesia is between 1994-1996.
The reason is, on that year it share most option that available on 1988-1991 JDM "Export" trim level. Except for the engine, 4ZD1 is an old engine for 3 doors UBS, while for 1987-1991 most of gasoline UBS use 4ZE1 2.6L. Indonesia 1994-1996 UBS also have Hi-Roof body style, this version is rare and mostly found in Middle East or for the last JDM Lotus version.

Well, this is my current UBS, a 1995 Chevrolet Trooper Hi-Roof. Thanks to my parents for lending me some money to buy this UBS, while I still have to pay the rest of the debt for the next 2 years. It's expensive, but it still worth to have since the price is below UBS market price.



Condition is so-so, but the engine still running strong. Interior is need to clean up and there are some missing accessories parts. That's not a big deal to me. I can always found UBS parts from around the world.







I've aimed this UBS about four months ago, this car even already parked in Daniy's garage a month after I know it. I've manage to convinced the owner that I will take care of it, since his garage is full and he cannot take care of it afterall.





This UBS will gonna be my family vehicle. It's big enough to bring all of my kids stuff and mid seat can reclined flat enough to make it as a comfortable bed. My closest plan is to use it to bring my family from Jakarta to Bali for New Year vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment